Market Tracker’s latest trend report, Trends in UK public M&A deals in H1 2017, provides in-depth analysis of the 52 firm and possible offer announcements made for companies subject to the Takeover Code in H1 2017. It includes insight into public M&A trends and what we might expect to see in the rest of 2017 and beyond.
Topics covered include:
- transaction structure
- deal value and volume
- public-to-private transactions
- forms of consideration
- bid financing
- UK and foreign bidder activity
- possible offers (including formal sale processes)
- offer-related arrangements and non-director shareholder irrevocable undertakings
- regulatory and political issues, including recent enforcement action by the Takeover Panel
The report contains expert commentary from Selina Sagayam, Head of UK Transactional Practice Development at Gibson Dunn.