The launch of the Business and Property Courts of England and Wales took place on 4 July 2017, at an event at the Rolls Building in London. Other launches are taking place across England and Wales throughout July 2017, before the formal ‘go-live date’ of 2 October 2017. LexisNexis was delighted to sponsor the launch of the new Business and Property Courts in Birmingham on 6 July and you can read our special, free-to-download report below.
Before it’s here, it’s on Lexis®PSL. Click here to take a free trial.
The Business and Property Courts will be the new intelligible, umbrella name for the specialist jurisdictions of the High Court of England and Wales . As Sir Geoffrey Vos stated at the London launch, the Business and Property Courts will ‘do what it says on the tin’, making their scope clear to domestic and international users. The new arrangements are also designed to improve the connection via a ‘super highway’ between the specialist business and property work undertaken in the regions and in London. Indeed, one clear message is that no case should be too big to be tried outside London.
The Business and Property Courts will encompass:
- the Commercial Court, including the Admiralty Court and Circuit Commercial Court
- the Technology and Construction Court
- the courts of the Chancery Division, including those dealing with financial services, intellectual property, competition, and insolvency
For this landmark event, we have written and reported extensively, as well as supporting the Birmingham launch. To read more, please see some of our coverage below:
- A special report prepared for the Birmingham launch, featuring an explanatory statement by Sir Geoffrey Vos and Sir Brian Leveson and an article by Ed Pepperall QC, member of the Consulting Editorial Board for Lexis®PSL Dispute Resolution [Free read]
- News on the London launch [For LexisPSL subscribers]
If you’re not a LexisPSL subscriber, click here for a free trial.