The Senior Master Fontaine has approved a revised, fourth edition of the Queen’s Bench Guide for 2016. The updated guide incorporates changes in practice made since the publication of the third edition in 2014.
The changes are relatively minor and limited. They include:
- within the QBD Action Department, a new Listing Section which deals with listings, hearings and trials before the QBD Masters lasting in excess of 30 minutes
- a number of amendments in relation to the provisions concerning hearings before Masters, including para 1.7.3 which makes clear that the Masters now have jurisdiction to hear trials and applications for injunctions with the exception of search and freezing injunctions
- provision at para 4.2.3 as to the circumstances in which particulars of claim will be referred to the Master and likely to be struck out being expanded to include where particulars of claim are not legible
- provisions regarding the booking of Private Room appointments for more than 30 minutes
- consequential changes in light of recent developments, such as the amendments to CPR 36 in April 2015 and the Brussels I (recast) regulation
For further details and a pdf comparison (unofficial) version showing the amendments, see Revised edition Queen’s Bench Guide for 2016. The new edition of the Guide will come into force on 1 January 2016. We are in the process of updating our content and links to the QBD Guide in the light of these forthcoming changes.