The December issue of Butterworths Family and Child Law Bulletin is available as a free download. Providing a timely monthly summary and analysis of key family law cases in the preceding month, the Bulletin also includes cross references to Butterworths Family Law Service, Clarke Hall & Morrison on Children and Rayden & Jackson commentary texts.
The December issue includes:
- Chancellor’s Autumn Statement 2014 – summary of key aspects for family lawyers
- Duties of local authority – power to provide services to child in need outside authority’s area – R (on the application of J) (by his litigation friend W) v Worcestershire County Council (Equality and Human Rights
Commission intervening)  EWCA Civ 1518,  All ER (D)
- Public children – care plan containing dual planning approach
Re M (a child) (placement order: authority’s dual planning approach)
 EWCA Civ 1479,  All ER (D) 195 (Nov)
- Human rights – whether claimants being entitled to declarations
and damages – Re H (a child: breach of Convention rights: damages)  EWHC 3563 (Fam),  All ER (D) 190 (Nov)
- Financial provision – whether court should impose costs penalty – J v J  EWHC 3654 (Fam),  All ER (D) 153 (Nov)
- Costs – whether insufficient warning of application to seek
adverse order for costs – Re L (costs of children proceedings)  EWCA Civ 1437,  All ER (D) 65 (Nov)
- Legal aid – whether parents entitled to legal aid in order to make
hearing lawful – Re D (a child)  EWFC 39,  All ER (D) 20 (Nov)
Bulletins for previous months may be viewed here.
Geraldine Morris is a solicitor and Head of LexisPSL Family.