1. Banking & finance lawyer with experience in syndicated lending and project finance in London, Paris and Sydney
2. Likes yoga, DIY (although the output doesn’t generally reflect the input) and sunny climes
3. Thinks the law is very unlike how LA Law made it look
Kate is a solicitor specialising in banking and finance with particular emphasis on syndicated lending and project finance. She has acted for both borrowers and lenders on a wide range of finance transactions, often involving multiple jurisdictions.
Kate trained and qualified in the Debt and Derivative Securities team at Allen & Overy LLP. She later joined the Banking and Finance team at Freehills (now Herbert Smith Freehills) in Sydney. Most recently, she was in the Projects and Infrastructure team at Norton Rose LLP before joining LexisNexis. Kate is dual-qualified in England and Wales and New South Wales, Australia.
1. Banking and finance lawyer with experience in leveraged finance, real estate finance and restructuring
2. Likes Spanish cooking, playing the piano and planning adventures
3. Thinks the law is a necessary evil
Miranda is a solicitor specialising in leveraged and acquisition finance. She trained at Hogan Lovells International LLP and qualified into the international banking and finance team. During her time at Hogan Lovells she worked on a variety of domestic and cross-border transactions, acting for both borrowers and lenders. She also experienced secondments to Barclays Bank PLC and Kaupthing Bank hf.
1. Banking and finance lawyer with particular experience in asset finance
2. Likes Wales, wine, sport and anything else that means he doesn’t have the time to have to write personal information about himself
3. Thinks the law is a far broader topic than any of his family and friends who do not work in law
Neil specialises in banking and asset finance transactions with a particular emphasis in finance for shipping, aviation and renewable energy, as well as providing corporate transactional support. He trained and qualified at TLT LLP and spent a further four years working as a finance solicitor, acting for borrowers and lenders before joining the Asset Finance team at DLA Piper (UK) LLP.
1. Banking and finance lawyer with experience in real estate finance, trade finance and aviation finance
2. Likes skiing, comedy shows and listening to live music
3. Thinks the law is not for the fainthearted
Suzanna has wide-ranging experience in banking and finance transactions with particular emphasis on advising lenders in the context of real estate finance and trade finance, and advising on ECA supported aviation finance transactions. Suzanna qualified as a solicitor in 2001 with Theodore Goddard (now Addleshaw Goddard LLP) and has since gained experience with Barclays Bank PLC, ECGD and Crédit Agricole CIB before joining LexisNexis.
1. Paralegal in Banking & Finance and Restructuring & Insolvency
2. Enjoys globe-trotting, dining out and music
3. Thinks the law is interesting, stimulating and exciting!
Neeta started her legal career at Allen & Overy in 2008 in the midst of the global financial crisis and the collapse of Lehmans where she gained most of her experience. Neeta also did a short stint in litigation at the Revenue and Customs Prosecutions Office. Neeta graduated with a 2:1 honours degree from University of London, Queen Mary College and went on to obtain a distinction from the College of Law in the Legal Practice Course. Neeta has been at LexisNexis since April 2013.
1.Banking and finance lawyer with experience in derivatives and structured finance in London and Paris
2.Likes ballet, playing the harp and holidays
3.Thinks the law is always changing!
Emma trained and qualified at Allen & Overy LLP and worked in their derivatives and structured finance teams in London and Paris. She then joined the foreign exchange prime brokerage legal team at Deutsche Bank before spending 4 ½ years with Crédit Agricole CIB advising the fixed income and derivatives desk.
1. Banking and finance lawyer with general banking and restructuring experience
2. Likes running, reading and sunshine
3. Thinks the law is never dull!
Kate is a solicitor specialising in lending, secondary debt trading and restructuring for banking and finance lawyers. She trained at Slaughter and May and gained post qualification experience in the international banking and finance teams at Slaughter and May and Olswang LLP. Kate was an in-house lawyer for five years before joining Lexis Nexis in August 2015, gaining experience at Lloyds Banking Group, Credit Suisse and Barclays Bank plc.