- FIDIC Red Book (Conditions of Contract for Construction)
- FIDIC Yellow Book (Conditions of Contract for Plant & Design Build)
- FIDIC Silver Book (Conditions of Contract for EPC/Turnkey Projects),
which replace the corresponding 1999 editions.
We have been informed by FIDIC that copies of the new contracts will be available to purchase from 22/23 December 2017. Reference PDF copies will be available to LexisPSL Construction customers here: FIDIC contracts—reference copies (as well as in our FIDIC subtopic under the ‘Forms’ tab).
We are attending the conference today and tomorrow. Some of the themes emerging so far are that:
- the changes aim to provide greater clarity and certainty—what’s expected of the parties and when
- the contracts are more prescriptive
- there is more administration for the Employer, Contractor and Engineer
- there is an emphasis on dispute avoidance
Watch out for our full report on the conference, along with further information on the new contracts.
For a free trial of LexisPSL Construction, click here.